FASHION | December 7, 2017
From wearing a T-shirt over a gown to clubbing it with a sari or wearing it as a T-shirt dress — there are many ways one can experiment with a T-shirt to up the fashion ante, say experts.
Aakansha Agrawal from Gulaal Creations, Megha Jain Madaan from Abstract and Vikas Jain, director of youth clothing brand Integriti, list down some ways.
* Wear an embellished neck scarf with the T-shirt. This not only amps the look of the T-shirt, but also gives an illusion of an elongated neck.
* Layer it with jackets, like the sleeveless embroidered or denim jacket for a winter style statement.
* One can style a boyfriend T-shirt by making a knot on the side of it and wearing it with trousers.
* One can also style a T-shirt with Indian drape skirts with heavy self-design patterns.
* T-shirts come in different shapes and sizes. Oversized T-shirts can be clubbed with plaid shirts and loose fitted trousers. The sleeveless oversized variant is quiet popular amongst the college going students.
* For more formal occasions, a T-shirt can be worn with blazers and jeans to give a semi-casual look.
* Accessorise T-shirts with suspenders and knee-length shorts for casual outings. Adding bow-tie to it would make for the perfect brunch outfit.
* The deep V-neck and halter neck gowns lie in one corner of the wardrobe untouched. These can be worn underneath a T-shirt which can be knotted at the front to give an illusion of a top and skirt.
* Women can make their own T-shirt dress without any sewing or stitching by simply wearing a skirt underneath a long t-shirt. Make sure the T-shirt is not form fitting and colour coordinated. The skirt should not be very long and the length should be just right below the hemline of the oversized T-shirt.
Image: DIY Projects for Teens