TNT | November 30
With the winter chill in the air, it’s time to take extra care of your lips. Here are 5 tips that’ll help you steer clear from chapped lips.
1. First and foremost, ensure your lips are clean so that the colours don’t appear flaky. Moisturise your lips and then apply colour to the middle of the bottom lip, going towards the corners. Then press your lips together to transfer colour to the upper lip. Blot using some tissue. Repeat to ensure the colour lasts longer.
2. If you want your lips to stand out, choose colours that suit your complexion. Have a set of them so that you can keep alternating between the tones to look trendy and fresh every day of the festive season.
3. Choose textures that are friendly for your skin. From wet to glossy, lip shades are available in many textures that you can choose from to go with the look you’re planning. Glossy textures make you look youthful while matte textures are ideal for the classy look.
4. Exfoliation is an important process that you need to pay attention to. Apply balm, preferable one that contains natural ingredients like beeswax, every night to ensure your lips are soft and pink. Rubbing wet sugar or ghee on your lips before using the balm is advisable. You can also use honey as an alternative to lip balms.
5. Want your pretty plump lips to look lustrous as well? Then, consume lots of water and juices rich in vitamin C. These not only hydrate your body, but also help new cell growth.
Source: The Times of India
Feature image courtesy: CBS Houston